Unbelievable. The 9th season of Grey’s Anatomy premiers September 27th. Will this series never end? Besides everything, here’s what I don’t like about the show:
1. Dr. Derek McDreamy Shepherd is not dreamy, he’s a wuss and I don’t see what Meredith sees in him.
2. I don’t believe Meredith really cares about being a surgeon or a mother.
3. The romance between Arizona and Callie is boring and their story adds nothing to the show.
4. Kepner and Avery have no purpose, their roles could disappear and no one would notice.
5. The sibling rivalry between Meridith Grey and her sister Lexie Grey could be riveting — but no — the story focuses on Lexie’s failed romances which no on really cares about apparently not even Lexie.
6. Mark Sloan just looks like a pervert, and he gives me the creeps. Eric Dane would probably do well to find his true calling and play the role of a psychopath.
7. Bailey is an interesting character but she is sidelined to a sub-plot of soporific romances. Yawn.
8. For a show that is pure nonsense, it offers zero comedic relief and takes itself far too seriously.
9. The patients in the series aren’t people to care about, they’re props for the show to drive home a point for the theme of the episode, to manipulate the plot, or to shock the viewer with some kind of weird disease — like a human growing into a tree — and/or some kind of bizarre accident creating a emergency room freak show.
10. Just seeing the name Shonda Rhimes makes me want to pull my hair out.
What is so aggravating, is I have to watch every single episode of Grey’s without fail or else. Why, God, why? Grey’s is nothing but a prime-time soap opera and has no depth. Romance is spooned out between patients who are either surgically torn apart and saved so the doctors can be heroes, or die so the doctors can be all depressed and sad — except in the case of my favorite character, Sandra Oh, who has to be tough and stoic.
Those of you who agree with me, please join me in this prayer: Please, God, please let this be the last season of Grey’s Anatomy so I don’t have to watch it anymore. Amen